Swan SI100E machine issue - please help

This section is for machine troubleshooting. Please post your problems or concerns and our staff will try to assist you with it promptly.
shaveicein

Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi All,
We have a Swan Shave Ice machine (SI100E) and it's having a major issue lately.

When we shave the ice, as soon as you press the foot pedal, there is a 'click" sound that comes from the motor (when i saw the motor it seems when you press the foot pedal there is some mechanism that will attach and release inside the motor) that makes the noise. Also, inside the gear box, there is a SS Worm part (part no. 36 in the manual) and when it connects to the Break worm gear (Part no. 21 in the manual), there is some resistance when the foot pedal is pressed and it makes some noise.

When we use the machine for few shaves, the motor heats up a lot and then the machine stops working.

We are unable to use this machine so would really appreciate your help in fixing this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijay
IceMan326

Sat May 14, 2011 11:32 am

The motor problem you have seems to be the starter type of mechanism with a spring like thing (not an electrical person) that triggers the motor to turn. I have had this problem and I took it to my electrician to have it fixed. He just removed it and replaced it with a new one.

As far as the gears are concerned. Did you grease it lately? When was the last time you replaced it with a new one since they do wear it depending on how old and often you use your machine.

shaveicein wrote:Hi All,
We have a Swan Shave Ice machine (SI100E) and it's having a major issue lately.

When we shave the ice, as soon as you press the foot pedal, there is a 'click" sound that comes from the motor (when i saw the motor it seems when you press the foot pedal there is some mechanism that will attach and release inside the motor) that makes the noise. Also, inside the gear box, there is a SS Worm part (part no. 36 in the manual) and when it connects to the Break worm gear (Part no. 21 in the manual), there is some resistance when the foot pedal is pressed and it makes some noise.

When we use the machine for few shaves, the motor heats up a lot and then the machine stops working.

We are unable to use this machine so would really appreciate your help in fixing this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijay
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
LatonTiano

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:19 am

Shave and IC is installed for the top of the true sides for the field. All the issues of the best college writing services are punctuated for the reforms. The factor is opened for all humans. This fabric is ensured for the future shaving elements for the turns.