Purchased Snowie 3000, would it be dishonest if?

Click here for topics regarding both block and cube shave ice machines!
lannettejohnson

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:48 pm

Thank you Betablues2 for such great information, insight and direction. I got your email while at work last night, and it was ABSOLUTELY what I needed to hear!!!! Thank you so much. I get a little fun crazy lol all caught up in my dreams as I go nutty overboard in a good way, hahaha, praise God! Now I have yours and TWH wise words to balance my hyper fun thinking, efforts and judgement in this endeavor. I see it in my head of how I want it to look when the doors first open, and since I am not sure if I can add commercial equipment later especially since I am paying blueprint man 3000.00 for that alone. Seems like all the commercial equipment (that's quite expensive) that I need day one and onward, should be in those original set of plans so that when Dept of health and Dept of building and safety come out for the plumbing and electrical work, they can assess to approve without me having to call/pay blueprint man again down the rode. I might have to delay my grand opening a bit. My budget is 25,000, and I think with everything even as I look for quality used commercial equipment before I even consider new, will cost me somewhere around 33,000-35,000 so in all likelihood my grand opening will be delayed and somewhere around late june early july, which will be okay with me. Your shave ice treat look delicious! Do you make your own flavors? What brand do you use and prefer for specific flavors? I had a huge problem with the sugar content of the flavors, with the "5 pounds of sugar per 4 ounce concentrate to gallon of flavor, sugar/flavor was 60/40...just way too sweet. I am working on making candied flavors with 25/75. This has been such as huge challenge but I can happily report that I am slowly making progress with a lot of tweaking, and well worth it from the feedback. So much thought and time I am putting into, and I am really loving every minute of it. Thank you Betablues2 I will take more suggestions if you have them :P
IceMan326

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:16 am

I have to give you tremendous amounts of props!!! Superb thumbs up! :D Your thoughts and uploads of your process in getting this Shave Ice start-up is very informative to those who have no idea on the process. Although, you are still in the planning/preparation stages before finalization. You keep updating your process as you went along. No one has went into depth to this degree with all those nice drawings of your plans. Keep it up! You still got a few more months before the busy season starts.

I am truly appreciative on behalf of the board for your information and thoughts.

Much Mahalo! :lol:
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
IceMan326

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:22 am

BTW I also sticky your post, which means this post will be one of the top posts being shown. So please keep us updated :)
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
lannettejohnson

Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Thank you so much IceMan326 for your comments. I am really so grateful to be a member of this forum to be able to share. I love to teach and I truly love to help, and I just love that their is an audience for it. God is beyond awesome as He restores me in this process of sharing. Every step of this process, in particular the struggles, I will be mindful to share. Thank you again IceMan326, your comments are very encouraging, and very much appreciated
ShaveIce

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:53 am

How did I miss this project in the forums? I read through the whole thing, love the honesty, dedication, and experiences you are sharing for the business. Alot of people guard their business like government secrets and won't let anyone know, I am happy that you are sharing it with the community and helping others who may be going through the same dilemma. Keep up the good work, look forward towards your store opening this season. Also feel free to ask away any questions you have, we are here to help whatever way possible.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
Loveshaveice

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:43 pm

I just finished reading your story and was wondering how your business went in its first year.