Ono Ono block shaver

Click here for topics regarding both block and cube shave ice machines!
kokomo#Ut

Thu May 08, 2014 5:51 am

Thanks for forum! I have learned a lot on this forum in my last two seasons of operation! I have recently come across a Ono Ono block shaver. I have searched online and can't seem to find any information on them. I have meet the guy and tried the shaver. It worked great and put out high quality snow. The machine is about 3-4 years old he said and he said he ordered it from Hawaii. He said he use to work Matsumoto and this was the machine they used. Does anyone have any information on the quality of the shaver? If something were to break on the shaver is there a company where I can get replacements?
Attachments
ono ono.jpg
ShaveIce

Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Kokomo, welcome to the forums! Glad you are finding it helpful. In regards to that "ono ono" machine, it seems to be that it is produced by a Taiwanese manufacturer called Golden Anvil. That machine is usually considered a "budget" model and I would not rely on it for heavy duty usage. There is also no proper distributor in the States that can service that machine. However, if the machine comes really cheap and has no serious issues I don't think it would not be a bad buy. It really depends on how often you please to use it.

For Matsumoto's machine, that is not. Matsumoto has been using the Fujimarca MC-709 machine for roughly the past 20 years and before that they used a Hatsuyuki machine. We know that part cause we been servicing and selling their shave ice machines during those years.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
IceMan326

Thu May 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Shave Ice Squared is right. I do not think that is from Matsumoto's. I've been to Matsumoto many times throughout the years and I've never seen them use that machine there. They use the Fujimarca 709SE, the same machine I have as well too. Go to YOUTUBE and type in Matsumoto Shave Ice, it clearly depicts the Fujimarca machine from HTK.

If you paid a lot for that machine, I would find that guy and get my money back for making all those false claims...sorry to hear that. Sometimes we just need to do our research , especially now days with so many scammers out there who wants our hard earn money.

:cry:
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
kokomo#Ut

Thu May 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. He is asking 1200 for the machine and I offered $800. He said lowest he would go $1000. I have not yet bought it. Not sure if I will. How much would you guys say its worth?
mattream

Fri May 09, 2014 7:53 am

kokomo#Ut wrote:Thanks for the reply. He is asking 1200 for the machine and I offered $800. He said lowest he would go $1000. I have not yet bought it. Not sure if I will. How much would you guys say its worth?
Interesting. It sure looks similar to the Fujimarca. I assume the seller is making that claim hoping you won't spot any differences. I purchased a used Fujimarca for $800. For an off-brand, I wouldn't pay more than $600, but I'm pretty cheap.
Matt
MaunaSnoa Shave Ice
http://www.facebook.com/MaunaSnoa
ShaveIce

Fri May 09, 2014 10:16 am

Hi Kokomo, $1000 would definitely be way too much buddy. A brand new Fujimarca costs only $1,200. To be honest , I think that machine is worth only $300-400 bucks tops. I have seen similar machines sold for $600 or so brand new. Keep in mind that they are not a Fujimarca and servicing will be a pain in the butt since there is no US servicing store for that brand.

Even though it shares alot of similarities to the Fujimarca, you can easily spot half a dozen differences with a trained eye.

As for Matt's machine, he paid a fair price for it. Used Fujimarcas run around $800-1000 depending on condition. Sometimes you would see really beat up ones sold for 300 or 500, but that requires extensive work on it.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
kokomo#Ut

Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 am

Wow, you all are a wealth of information! Thank you! you guys have been extremely helpful!