Insane Shipping Costs

Click here for information regarding Hawaiian Snow shave ice flavors as well as various Hawaiian shave ice toppings.
jonnifer

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 pm

One thing I did not take into account in getting into this business...really expensive shipping. Everything is so expensive to ship, and its eating into my margins. Anyone have advice on ways to mitigate this problem? Is this a situation where I am just going to have to suck it up?

Also, are there places that sell the glass long neck serving bottles (that won't cost $50 in shipping)?
IceClouds

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Jonnifer,

Yes, shipping costs in this industry are crazy expensive! But the product that's being shipped is also extremely heavy so it can be costly. We typically do a mass order with shaveicesupplies.com which offers free shipping with orders over 300. Then if we need random flavors we typically jump around to try the competition but we prefer HTK so far. As far as the bottles go we did an order with freundcontainer.com which offers free shipping with orders over $250 dollars. This worked out best for us. Good luck!
ShaveIce

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:55 am

^^^
We are one of the few companies that offer free shipping on products such as flavors and bottles. Shipping in the US is outrageous and shipping from Hawaii is even more ridiculous. Hopefully we can help our customers increase their profit margins with our rates and products.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
Aurora

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:48 pm

I have found a local syrup vendor in the Kansas City area so i just buy from them 110gal at a time. I am starting out this year with premix gal. If i pick it up myself i can get the price down to $8 per gal. Not the $15 + fright like most online shops. I would just start looking around local if you have a 6 flags or equivalent in your city then there is a local vendor that provides them syrup.

Nate
Aurora Shaved Ice
Manhattan, KS