Syrup Mixing Directions

Click here for information regarding Hawaiian Snow shave ice flavors as well as various Hawaiian shave ice toppings.
ShaveIce

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:49 am

Here is the mixing directions for your viewing/downloading.

http://www.shaveicesupplies.com/oldsite ... ection.pdf

How to make flavored syrup from concentrate

How do I create syrup from Hawaiian Snow Flavors concentrate?
Step 1: Shake flavor concentrate well before using.
Step 2: Start with a 1 gallon container.
Step 3: Add 5 to 5 1/2 lbs of cane sugar.
Step 4: Add cold water to gallon fill line and mix well.
Step 5: Pour in 4 ounces of flavor concentrate or otherwise specified according to the
chart below.

Concentrate Measurement Chart:
Li Hing Mui 3 1/2 oz.
Lemon 3 oz.
Melona 4-5 oz.
All other flavors 4 oz.

Make sure the entire mixture is kept at between 60°F to 70°F during the mixing
process.

How should I store my mixed syrup?

Mixed syrup should be kept refrigerated when not being used. It will last 1-2 months.
How should I store my flavor concentrate?
To preserve good quality and freshness, concentrates should be stored in a cool and
dry place which would last up to one year. The longer you keep it, the more flavor it
will lose.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
Makapiaschlumpf

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:00 am

Hmm, I mix the water after the concentrate. I wonder if that changes anything.
capitalist

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:11 am

I don't think it changes anything.From what I learned that sometimes when I put the concentrate first, for certain flavors there tends to be alot of bubbling if I add the water last so I normally make the simple syrup first.
Kim

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:50 pm

The first 4 steps are the procedures to making simple syrup, which is water and sugar. It's wiser to make simple syrup first and then add whatever flavor concentrate you need. You don't want to mix too much strawberry and just have it sit in the fridge.
K. Lee
kim@htkhawaii.com
808-841-6622
bluedogshaveice

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 am

My syrup doesnt penetrate the shave ice, it just sits on top. I am mixing the syrup using the amounts specified in the directions, but i am using hot water to make the simple syrup. i am also using the syrup right out of the refrigerator. Can someone help me with getting the mixture to penetrate the shave ice?
IceMan326

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:16 pm

What is the quality of the ice you are using? (extremely fine, fine, average, coarse , extremely coarse) ???
Providing this would help. And also, if the quality is "fine" , then I really don't see why it wouldn't penetrate or sink into the shave ice. Posting pictures of it would help in trouble shooting your needs too :lol:
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
sylvainborabora

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:24 pm

i got the same problem
that was cause of the quality of water i used to make my blocks.
i used to use tape water first...no good "small island quality"kind of salty...
then i filtred this water ...no good the sirup still sits on top...
finally i use mineral water and that 's the perfect choice for me.That's work!!!
review8

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:09 am

Where can you get cane syrup? Is this something that you can purchase at the grocery store, or do you need to buy it from a distributor? I am wanting to do something with sno-cones for my son's birthday coming up, but don't want to spend too much money.
IceMan326

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Hello Review 8, you can get cane sugar from any market. Especially COSTCO. It's not something difficult to acquire.
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
sweetparadice

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 am

My syrup sits on top too! I used a cube ice shaver and the ice is about average. (I've actually made it as fine as possible and as coarse as possible and it still just sits there) It's like it thickens up and doesn't penetrate the ice. I need help!