Glass Pouring Bottle..not a quart?

Click here for questions and answers regarding the many shave ice supplies and accessories that you may use for your home or business!
Sierra shave

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am

I just noticed my glass pouring bottle are 25.8 oz. I have been mixing my concentrates in them as if they were a quart. How do you modify your recipe for the glass bottles?
haolegirl

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:29 am

It would depend on the ratio of concentrate to sugar/water. For example 4oz per gallon would break down to 1 oz per quart. 1 oz is roughly 29.5 ml... I suck at math so honestly I would just round up. 1ml of concentrate per oz of water so in your case, roughly 26ml of concentrate (If you are using a product at a 4oz to 1 gallon ratio).

Sugar is a whole nother story...lol

Have you thought about mixing in a larger quantity (like a gallon) and refilling your glass bottles as needed?
TWH

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:15 pm

I have a Master's Degree in Economics and a PhD in Finance so for me the math is easy. However the solution is even easier -- switch to quart bottles.
Loopdan

Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:52 pm

haolegirl wrote:Have you thought about mixing in a larger quantity (like a gallon) and refilling your glass bottles as needed?
This is the answer.