Newbe Question

Click here for questions and answers regarding the many shave ice supplies and accessories that you may use for your home or business!
exnavyabc

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:22 am

Just getting started and see so many expensive machines. Was thinking of buying the Great Northern Polar Cub to get my foot in the door. Would be a lot less money if my business crashes and burns. Any info or help about these machines will be appreciated. Thanks.
IceClouds

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 am

I actually have that machine for at home for my kids since they love shave ice so much. In my opinion your business failure or success is going to come from the product your provide. When i first started i searched the web until i find a used swan for a decent price ($700), I now have two swans and a snowie block shaver. The machine you mentioned is fine for at home but i wouldn't recommend it for high volume, and it doesn't always shave the best.
exnavyabc

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Thanks for the info
haolegirl

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 am

I'm new as well and plan to go with a Fujimarca or Swan block shaver. I grew up in Hawaii and almost every reputable shop used a Fujimarca. Every time I see one I get a little homesick :( :( :(
ShaveIceSupply

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Fujimarca as we put it is simply the best shaver out there. It's not cause we carry it, but we carried it for 30 years for that reason.
Providing quality shave ice products in Hawaii and all over the mainland for over 20 years. Visit http://www.shaveicesupplies.com.

For current deals and offerings, visit the promotions and prize giveaway forum at www.shaveiceshaveice.com!
katyocru

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 am

I'm liking the Fujimarca....If i'm just doing private parties now in CA, can I use it since it's not NSF? thanks!
ShaveIceSupply

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 pm

Private events are fine without NSF approval since you do not need a health permit nor GE tax to do private (not for profit) functions. Some cities allow you to use the Fujimarca without NSF as well in California.
Providing quality shave ice products in Hawaii and all over the mainland for over 20 years. Visit http://www.shaveicesupplies.com.

For current deals and offerings, visit the promotions and prize giveaway forum at www.shaveiceshaveice.com!