Chest freezer and time it takes to freeze 22 buckets

This section will tell you the basics on how to make a good Hawaiian shave ice! Please feel free to ask questions you may have regarding local shave ice and shave ice in general.
GnarlyShavedIce

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:33 pm

I have a 5 cubic foot chest freezer which we filled with 22 two and a half quart buckets Thursday evening. Over 48 hours have gone by, and not all the buckets are frozen yet. The temperature inside the freezer is at 22* F (below freezing), and is currently set at the coldest setting. Prior to freezing the 22 buckets. I test froze a single bucket, which froze in less than 24 hours at a temperature of around 0* F.

I am beginning to wonder if my freezer is functioning correctly or if I need a more powerful freezer.

How long does it usually take to freeze the buckets of water? Any ideas?
knowpow

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:33 am

It will take longer to freeze more water. I saw somewhere, maybe on this forum, that water frozen slower at a higher temp like say +10 will turn out a better quality of ice. If you need more ice you may need to look at getting an additional freezer to compensate for the extended time it's taking to freeze the larger quantities.
Good Luck
Snow Daze

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Hes right the more blocks you freeze the longer it takes.
IceMan326

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Yep, I do agree. But it only makes sense, unless you reduce the size of the buckets of course then it would really freeze faster. Some business actually bought their own block makers within their store to make about 24 dozen blocks per day. It's pretty cool, especially it was made with plexi-glass body and lid where you can see through. :D
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
anonymo

Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:15 am

يمكن أن يؤدي الاكتئاب إلى أفكار الانتحار ومحاولات الانتحار أسباب تشقق القدمين، خاصة عندما يصبح الشعور باليأس والألم غير قابل للتحمل.