Getting Hawaiian shave ice on the East Coast

Click here for topics regarding both block and cube shave ice machines!
aaronpawlak

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:45 am

Hello,

Last year, I vacationed in Maui. It was my first trip to any Hawaiian island and I absolutely fell in love with Hawaiian shave ice. I live in the NE and I've really had a craving for it this summer and I really miss it.For those who have never had it, shave ice is very finely shaved ice that is flavored. I found it much better than a traditional snow cone (which is more like crushed ice.)Does anyone know of a place that sells shave ice in the NE? I'm in the SE PA region, but would be willing to drive some distance to taste it again.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170601
Best video agency

Thanks
jmanley99

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:01 am

Hi there! I just started a shaved ice business here in tampa, florida. We havent named it yet, but do have sales. My question to you is, are the people in the NE even familiar with the term "hawaiian shaved ice" or even "Shaved ice"??? if so, is it mostly adults or kids also?

Thanks!
Mulan

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Anyone who has ever vacationed in Hawaii would likely be familiar. One thing though, no one there ever calls it shaveD ice. Just shave ice. If you're wanting to sell an authentic product, stick with "shave".