Will a swan or hatsuyuki block shaver suction down to the inside of my trailer?

Click here for topics regarding both block and cube shave ice machines!
Maximus

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:44 am

I'm thinking of getting one but I'm not sure if they have powerful suction cups on the bottom to keep it from tipping when driving
IceMan326

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 am

I don't know about suction in my opinion, something I wouldn't do. Especially not for a SWAN since it's over 70 pounds.

The most secure with a peace of mind I would do is just simply bolt it down. Or drill some mounts underneath to keep it from moving.The hard wares can be purchased from Homedepot or Lowes or any hard ware store. Just take some basic measurements first. This method is a sure way of keeping it from moving if that is what your intentions are.

Good luck!
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
Maximus

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:58 am

So are you saying drilling through the bottom of the Shaver, through the drip tray, and into the counter?
ShaveIce

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:40 am

Maximus, to be safe I wouldn't rely on suction cups to hold down the machine. If your table becomes wet or the cups get old, your machine will easily slide off when your moving your truck. The best way to bold it down is by drilling a bracket into your counter and attaching it to the machine. You can also use straps to tie down the machine to a post or the table.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
IceClouds

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:30 pm

We just mounted our swan using the method outlined in this thread. Never once has the machine came loose or fell over while traveling.

post6711.html#p6711