The best and fastest machine!

Click here for topics regarding both block and cube shave ice machines!
Oguzksk

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Hello.

I have tried the snowie block ice shaver. It is good but not great. Not much difference between swan 100 because I went to bahama bucks and did not see much difference. However, southern snow block ice shaver 10 times better than swan 100 and snowie block ice shaver. I have tried the shave ice from all of them. One of the shave ice stores in my city makes over a million dollar a year. They use two southern snow block ice shavers. Southern snow block ice is faster and the ice is way smoother than swan 100.

Right now, I have a snowie block ice shaver because I do not have much space in my truck. So, if you are looking a faster machine than swan 100, go with southern snow block ice shaver.
IceClouds

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:49 am

As someone who has had all three of the machines you mentioned, I still prefer the Swan. The Snowie block shaver i thought was terrible, the southern while can give you great ice is very finicky and i thought to much of a learning curve for employees. I find the SWAN by far the easiest machine to use and always gives great ice. While its not the fastest it does give the best shave Ice. ;)
Oguzksk

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:01 pm

How do you handle with long lines with swan 100. I mean, I am using snowie 1000 and I know it makes terrible snow but super fast. I don't have any space for any of them. Actually, I am mister softee. I make over 15 different type of cones and milkshakesand sundeas. Shave ice is my additional income for my business. But usually, I make more money on shave ice than ice cream. Interesting. I am from NYC and I had no idea what shave ice until I came to the south. I have severed 260 people shaved ice and ice cream ( electro freeze) in 1 hour 30 minutes. ( may be little bit over) Even, event holder shocked how I have severed 260 people BY MYSELF less than 2 hours. If I had swan, it would take at least two hours.

Snowie block ice is okay. I have just got my block ice maker. I guess you got the 60 block right? I have the s 35 same company. I am going to make a decent review on snowie block ice shaver.

Also, I went to pelicans snow cone and they use swan 100. Their snow cone was worst than bahama bucks.They both use same machine. It wasnt smooth at all. I believe the most important thing is the quality of the ice. You can use swan 100 and get terrible snow if the quality of the ice is not good.

Do you use a water filter for the ice maker?
IceClouds

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:21 am

Are you the mister softee with over 100k Facebook likes? If so that's really impressive!

Yes, I am using the s-60 we are actually thinking about purchasing the s-35 as-well as we are ramping up more units for next season and the s-60 was running pretty much 24/7 for us. Yes we use 2-3 water filters, they are just standard RV water filters from a hardware store about 20 bucks a piece.

It looks like you really cater more to events, where I have stand alone locations so customers just kind of trickle in throughout the day and not all at once. I just purchased a mobile and we will be doing more events but were still going to stick with the swan. I think people would rather wait a bit longer for something that's amazing rather then mediocre and crunchy. While yes you can get crappy shaved ice with a swan i think its a lot easier to inform the employees on what to adjust to make a great shaved ice!
ShaveIce

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:28 am

I agree with Ice Clouds. When you are doing events or festivals, it boils down to the quality of the ice and presentation.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
Oguzksk

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Mister softee is the franchise. There are tens of mister softees at the east cost. In New York I have never heard shave ice.

What brand filter do you use? I use the Camco RV filter. I use one but still, the water is not as good as I want. Do you attach 2-3 RV filters at the same time? Is your water enough pure. I am planning to do the same thing.