Swan Si-100e User Manual *updated link*

Click here for topics regarding both block and cube shave ice machines!

Please let everyone know how satisfy you are with your Si-100e.

Very Satisfied. Love it!!!! :D
64%
Satisfied. Could be better. :)
36%
Unsatisfied. Should have gotten another machine. :cry:
No votes

Total votes: 14
Kim

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:26 pm

:D Image

USING DIRECTION
1. Use machine on a firm stand or counter.
2. Replace or sharpen blade at least 2 or 3 times a season.
3. Lubricate Main Shaft from time to time.
4. Ice stored in refrigerator should not be sued immediately for shaving as it will damage the blad. Let the ice to thaw and become semi-transparent before use.

DIRECTIONS BEFORE USE
The Ice Block Holder Crank is detached from the machine and packed together so it must be installed. Insert Ice Block Holder Crank onto Shaft Pin located on the right side of machine, then firmly tighten screw in the center.

OPERATION DIRECTIONS
1. Turn Ice Block Holder Crank counter-clockwise and raise Main Shaft Ice Block Holder. The Polycarbonate shield should be turned horizontally to the rear.
2. Place ice block flat side up on center of Shaving Disc.
3. Turn Ice Block Holder Crank clockwise and lower Ice Block Holder onto ice. Apply pressure until the Ice Block Holder prongs are firmly imbedded in the ice. The polycarbonate shield should be turned horizontally to the front.
4. Turn on Motor Switch. Main Shaft Ice Block Holder will start to revolve.
5. Turn Blade Adjustment Knob located on the left side of Shaving Disc Frame counterclockwise. This will raise the blade, allowing it to shave the ice. The higher the blade is raised, the coarser and faster the ice will come out.
6. After the texture of shave ice is adjusted, hold the cone or cup under the outlet of shave ice.
7. Turn off Motor Switch after use.
8. Turn Ice Block Holder Crank counter-clockwise and raise Main Shaft Ice Block Holder.
9. Remove ice block.

BLADE ADJUSTMENT
1. The Blade is recessed below the surface of the Shaving Disc when the Blade Adjustment Dial is turned to 0.
2. To raise the Blade, slowly turn the Blade Adjustment Know left.
3. Set the Blade Adjustment Dial on 1 for fine shaving and 6 for roughest shaving.
Note: THE DIAL WILL INDICATE 0 WHEN THE BLADE ADJUSTMENT KNOW IS TURNED RIGHT ALL THE WAY AND STOPS

BRAKE ADJUSTMENT-Adjust when shaving is unsatisfactory.
1. When the Ice Block Holder Crank turns very lightly, turn Brake Adjustment Screw clockwise with screw driver.
2. When the Ice Block Holder Crank turns very heavily, turn Brake Adjustment Screw counterclockwise with (-) screw driver.
Note: THE BRAKE IS ADJUSTED WHEN SHIPPED OUT OF THE FACTORY SO DO NOT MEDDLE WITH IT.

PROTECTOR
A Push Button Switch (Protector) is located on the left side of the Head Cover. If something is wrong with the blade section or the revolving section, the machine will automatically stop to prevent overheating and damage the motor. In such case, turn off the Power Source Switch (Disconnect the plug) and after the cause is removed. Plug in cord and push the protector. The Motor will automatically start again.

TO REPLACE DAMAGED PRONG
As the 4 Slotted screw heads as well as the seam between the plastic and the Ice Block Holder base plate is sealed with silicone, be sure to seal after the replacement.

TO MAINTAIN SANITATION WITHOUT TOOLS
For periodic cleaning of the Shaving Disc as well as adjacent area in the food zone, removal is possible as follows.
1. By removing the 4 thumb-screws located on the underside of the plate, the Shaving Disc can be easily removed by pushing it up.
2. To clean the Shaving Disc Frame and the adjacent area, remove the 4 thumb-screws holding the Front Cover (2 thumb-screws on each side), then pull the Front Cover towards the user to remove. The entire food zone can be easily cleaned.

BLADE REPLACEMENT
1. Turn the Blade Adjustment Knob right all the way until it stops.
2. Unscrew the two Phillips-screws. Remove the Blade Holder and blade.
Important: DO NOT MEDDLE WITH THE CENTER SLOTTED SCREW.
3. Place the new Blade accurately on the Standard Level Guide Screws on the Blade Support.
4. Put on the Phillips-screw and slowly screw it on so the blade will not life up from the Standard Level Guide Screws. Screw it on tight.
*If both ends of the Blade are not accurately set on the Standard Level Guide Screws, the ice will not shave satisfactorily. In such case, use something flat and lightly press down the Blade from the surface of the Shaving Disc, then tighten the Phillips-screws.

STORAGE AFTER SEASON
Wipe off moisture with piece of cloth, then wipe again with dry piece of cloth. Remove Blade, clean and lubricate with cooking oil, the wrap in oil paper before storage. Remove all soiled oil from the Main Shaft and lubricate with grease approved by FDA for the lubrication of food processing machinery. Do not use cooking oil.
*Specifications are subject to change without notice for further design and performance improvement.

SPECIFICATIONS
Dimensions: 25-3/4” high x 11-1/8” wide x 15-1/8” deep
Weight: 61.7 lbs.
Shaving Capacity: 4.84 to 5.5 lbs per minute
Motor: 115V, 200W
Power Requirement: 210W, 60Hz
Accessories: Spare Blade (1), Grease oil (1), Drain Hose (1)

***For a detailed copy of Swan Si-100e Manual, please download from http://www.shaveicesupplies.com/WILL/SI100EManual.pdf***
K. Lee
kim@htkhawaii.com
808-841-6622
ShaveIce

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks for the write up kim!
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
ShaveIceSupply

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Very nice, what about the swan si-200?
Providing quality shave ice products in Hawaii and all over the mainland for over 20 years. Visit http://www.shaveicesupplies.com.

For current deals and offerings, visit the promotions and prize giveaway forum at www.shaveiceshaveice.com!
watss

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:55 pm

I've been using this machine for quite some times already and problems are starting to come up. Do you think you can tell me why my machine is making cranking noises? How can I fix that? Thanks!
Kim

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:23 am

Please direct your question to our Troubleshooting Sub-forum.
K. Lee
kim@htkhawaii.com
808-841-6622
sue

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:27 pm

I love this machine. Thanks for the manual. I lost mine.
Donnak1961

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:20 pm

I use this machine too. I purchsed it used and never had the manual. I am THRILLED to be able to print this manual for future reference. I hope I dont run into any problems with my machine. Ive hear good reviews on it. However, being a new shave ice business owner, I have LOTS to learn.... especially concerning machine maintenance!
Kim

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:43 pm

You got a very good machine on your hand, Donna! This machine can last you many years as long as you take good care of it. Good choice. Feel free to contact us if you ever run into any problem or just need a replacement blade.
K. Lee
kim@htkhawaii.com
808-841-6622
Donnak1961

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:58 pm

OH MY GOODNESS! I just THOUGHT I was shaving vast quantities of ice last year. Gotta excuse me for being a newbie and learning through on the job experience! BUT..... my hubby read through the manual about setting the blade, etc etc. We changed out the blade and balanced it..... my gosh.... that machine will make more snow NOW than I ever knew was possible! THANK YOU THANK YOU for making this manual available. Last season, I noticed I was shaving with what seemed to be about half the blade.... not getting a full shave... KNow what I mean? Well, being so new, and had never even laid eyes on one of these machines before... I thought, Oh well, maybe thats the way it is suppose to be. WRONG!

I opened up today... first day of the season.... This machine now will shave more ive faster than I can make the cup. Last year, no so. Faster is more profit!
Kim

Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Wow! You're an early bird! How is the weather in Texas? We finally got some sunshine after months of scatter light rain. IT WAS SO NOT HAWAII! We are all glad that the sun is finally out!

I'm glad you find this site helpful to you! My time in retyping and posting it online sure feels worth it after knowing it is appreciated by someone :) Most people don't even bother reading the manual and when ice is not shaving correctly, they come back unhappy and tell me that the machine is a lemon! The manual is very handy and useful. It really allows you to get to know your machine and make the most out of it!

Let's work hard this summer for another machine ;)
K. Lee
kim@htkhawaii.com
808-841-6622