Swan 100E Plastic covers needed

Click here for topics regarding both block and cube shave ice machines!
offgridman

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Any idea where is the best place (price) on Swan 100E covers.
I got a deal on two older machines. They were left exposed to the sun and need new plastic.
I need head cover, front cover, back and drain pan and the plastic piece under the head cover.
Thanks,
offgridman
offgridman

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:44 pm

I found a place to get them... In case any of you are thinking of doing what I did and giving an older machine with busted up plastic all new plastic. $675.00 without the ice shield. Another $135.00

OUCH! most expensive plastic I ever purchased. I wish someone would make nice fiberglass replacement panels for these things. They could get rich selling them as durable replacements for the cheap plastic from Swan.
Maybe have molded in carrying handles.
These things need a handle on each side to move them with. By design the side panels will get broken if you move the machine around very much at all. Just not a practical place to lift such a heavy object with such fragile sides without handles. Just my two cent rant!

Good shavers sorry covers.
Jena

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:04 am

Summer feels like it’s already here. Snow cones and shaved ice are in full effect. If you are in need of a top quality shaved ice machine, you need to be the highest bidder on this auction. You are bidding on a Used SWAN SI-100E Block Ice Shaver. The SWAN SI-100E Block Ice Shaver is one of the best block ice shavers available on the market today. I tested the ice shaver and it functioned properly. The blade is sharp and in very good condition. The SWAN SI-100E Block Ice Shaver is easy to operate and produces fine flakes of snow that absorb the many colorful flavors to make a real shaved ice experience. Operators can easily adjust the texture of the snow with a single knob. The SWAN SI-100E Block Ice Shaver comes complete with a strong revolving shield to protect the operator from the spinning ice. The SWAN SI-100E Block Ice Shaver is ideal for high volume locations such as fairs, baseball games, or any large gathering. Here are some specs of the SWAN SI-100E Block Ice Shaver that I found online while researching this item:

· Dimensions: 12"W x 15"D x 28"H
· Electrical: 115 Volts, 50/60 Hertz, 4.5 Amps 1/4 motor
· Shaving Capacity: 4.6 lbs per minute
· Shipping Weight 74 lbs, Net Weight 68 lbs
· NSF approved

must join yellowstone bus tours for spend your summer
jenneti

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:48 am

Where did you get the parts from offgridman? We've used iceshavers.com in the past. Just wondering how prices compare.
mattream

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:55 am

jenneti wrote:Where did you get the parts from offgridman? We've used iceshavers.com in the past. Just wondering how prices compare.
I think that's about the only place, but would love to be wrong about that.

I went to their warehouse, ready to purchase the head cover for $260. They are making them from their own molds now, and use a more flexible and durable plastic, so I liked that.

What I didn't like was that the switch, breaker, etc. were all extra, so I passed.
Matt
MaunaSnoa Shave Ice
http://www.facebook.com/MaunaSnoa