Some shave ice toppings that you can offer

Click here for information regarding Hawaiian Snow shave ice flavors as well as various Hawaiian shave ice toppings.
oahuice

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Do the azuki beans have to be refrigerated once the can is opened? Should it be served cold? Do you just cover the top of the shave ice with the beans?
finstalker

Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:38 pm

We use a cream topping that consists of 2 cans of evaporated milk plus one can of sweetened condensed milk mixed together. Our customers love it!
finstalker

Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:44 pm

We use a cream topping that consists of 2 cans of evaporated milk plus one can of sweetened condensed milk mixed together. Our customers love it!
dfl138

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:10 am

Kim I wish you could find smaller cans of the pre sweetened azuki beans or tell us where we can getthem because the I do not use enough of them that they spoil before I can use them all...thanks
shaveicelove

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:50 am

Although not a local topping, sour spray is always popular with the keiki!
shaveicelove

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:53 am

oahuice wrote:Do the azuki beans have to be refrigerated once the can is opened? Should it be served cold? Do you just cover the top of the shave ice with the beans?
The azuki beans should be served cold as to not melt the ice. My preference is to serve the azuki beans on top of the shave ice, unless there is ice cream as well. Then I like to serve it with the ice cream on the bottom, then the azuki beans, with shave ice on top :)
Goofyfoot

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi
This is my first time on this site. My husband has been on it before. I purchased Li hing mui powder from Hawaiian snow company, but on the bag it looks lighter that the powder I purchased from a asian store here in California, The new bag I purchased from Hawaiian snow says prune? I was confused about this.
Where is the best place to purchase this. The asian store is kinda expensive and you don't get that much with it. I could see if I can work out a deal with him if I purchase a large bag in the future. thanks
ShaveIce

Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:40 pm

In regards to the li hing powder, li hing is bascially dried prunes in asia which is then crushed into powder and added with sugar and other stuff. We do sell two different types of it, there is a pinker one and a lighter one. The color difference is mainly food coloring nothing more, some clients like a lighter shade while others want it to be darker. Taste wise they are pretty similar.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
obalouafi

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:35 am

great topping ideas , bookmarked the page , thank you
http://dessertshome.com
Maximus

Tue May 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Do you guys that offer condensed milk keep it in refrigerators or coolers? i think here I have to keep it in a fridge in the trailer and I don't have a fridge. If I did I am supposed to keep it in the fridge in the trailer even when I am done selling and back home. Says the Health Dept.