Syrup Mixing Directions

Click here for information regarding Hawaiian Snow shave ice flavors as well as various Hawaiian shave ice toppings.
email4rhonda

Sat May 07, 2016 12:54 pm

I have 30 different flavors and there is only about 3 red ones that really show up and the rest are so light that you can hardly tell anything is on there. I even went from 4oz a gallon to 5oz trying to darken the colors. Does it make a difference with boiling when you are making the syrup? Because I don't boil I just add the ingredient's and shake well.

I have looked all over the internet for any snow cone forums that I could post in and ask questions but I can not find any. I just started last summer and put preservatives in them so that they would last thru the winter. I have tried a few of them and seems like sugar is all I can taste.
any help would be appreciated
capitalist

Tue May 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Boiling doesn't change the color or make it intense, it is the flavoring itself. In my opinion a slightly lighter coloring means that there isn't as much concentrated food dye in the concentrate. In my area, some people actually prefer a lighter color since it doesn't stain people's mouth or tongues so much. My main concern is the flavor. As long as the flavor isn't light like the coloring then it is fine for me.
obalouafi

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:31 am

Thanks for the mixing directions , took me some time looking for this :mrgreen:
http://dessertshome.com