Anyone use fruit puree for their flavors?

Click here for information regarding Hawaiian Snow shave ice flavors as well as various Hawaiian shave ice toppings.
ShaveMiami

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:18 am

I was just wondering if anyone here incorporates real fruit in their syrups or if anyone knows the best method to make a fruit puree on a large scale. Thank you!
NiceIce

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:02 am

Hi there,

We use fruit puree in our syrups and used to buy the fruit in bulk and then processed it ourselves, however as demand increases it becomes very time consuming.

Over time we found the best thing to do would be to find a supplier of frozen fruit puree, the end product will taste even better than using regular fruits, and you'll save yourself loads of time.
IceMan326

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Yes you are correct, many people purchase the frozen ones in bulk to save on cost.

Extracting your own on a daily basis is way too time consuming. Not just that, what if you ran out of the fruits? or not in season? or some fruits are less ripe and over ripe, this will cause your products to lose consistency.

I tried doing both methods. However, living in Hawaii has a price. I have to fly in my purees OVERNIGHT. Shipping cost is staggering....... :cry:
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
ichigosnow

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:46 am

When we make our snow ice (taiwanese frozen dessert) we incorporate real fruit puree in each batch. We add syrup as a sweetener.
#1 Bubble Milk Tea, Frozen Yogurt, and Snow Ice Supplier:
http://fanaledrinks.com/
bigalsshaveice

Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:06 am

IceMan326 wrote:Yes you are correct, many people purchase the frozen ones in bulk to save on cost.

Extracting your own on a daily basis is way too time consuming. Not just that, what if you ran out of the fruits? or not in season? or some fruits are less ripe and over ripe, this will cause your products to lose consistency.

I tried doing both methods. However, living in Hawaii has a price. I have to fly in my purees OVERNIGHT. Shipping cost is staggering....... :cry:
@IceMan326, Do you have anymore info on where to buy the fruit purees and how to incorporate into the syrups?
ShaveMiami

Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:57 am

Thank you for your replies everyone, I have the same question as big al, where is the best place to find frozen puree. Ive been getting mine from a local supermarket now but was wondering if there is a better place.
ichigosnow

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:23 am

your local supermarket would be best. amazon also offers fruit purees
#1 Bubble Milk Tea, Frozen Yogurt, and Snow Ice Supplier:
http://fanaledrinks.com/
HelenCampbell

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:10 am

Yes I always use fruit puree for flavour as it gives natural flavour to the dessert.