You + Shave Ice = Outstanding Profits!!

This section will tell you the basics on how to make a good Hawaiian shave ice! Please feel free to ask questions you may have regarding local shave ice and shave ice in general.
Kim

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

Reasons to Start Selling Your Own Shave Ice

1. Very low start up cost!
2. A low operating overhead
3. Low labor cost
4. Easy to learn
5. Low maintenace cost
6. High impulse sales
7. Consumer acceptance
8. High sales levels

Shave ice can be operated successfully in small locations such as mobile vans, push carts, and snack shops. It can also be an add-on for restaurants! It is so easy to operate that you can simply have one person to make the shave ice and another to pour the syrups with no skills require. The easy to acquire concepts can be learned and comprehended in less than an hour! This easy-to-start-up business can be up and running in no time.

Our machines will have you worry free for years to come because they are made to last you through many seasons.
K. Lee
kim@htkhawaii.com
808-841-6622
watss

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:25 pm

hm...never thought of it that way. Mahalo for the tips!
capitalist

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:32 pm

Good reasons, those are exactly why I got into the shave ice business.
IceMan326

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 pm

I love the Fujimarca block shaver from HTK HAWAII ! Fujimarca all the way! :lol:
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
dtour

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Interested in opening a weekend shave ice stand. What do I need to do if I want to set up at a park? Do I need a permit, food license, certification do I need to purchase ice. I am on Oahu.
Thanks
ShaveIce

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 am

In Oahu, first of all you need a commercial license, then you would need health permits for your business. Setting up at a park might not be so easy, you would need to have special contacts and contracts with the parks and recreations services. If you are looking for public parks or beach parks, those are very hard to set up inside for a commercial business. Most people just park their lunch wagon outside the park to sell.

There are businesses that are set up in popular parks like Haunauma Bay, Diamond Head, and Ala Moana Beach but I believe those businesses all have special contracts with the state to be able to serve there.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.