Mentor? New biz in california

This section will tell you the basics on how to make a good Hawaiian shave ice! Please feel free to ask questions you may have regarding local shave ice and shave ice in general.
Redpark

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:15 pm

So I'm not the only one looking for a mentor.
Well Joe hopefully you are getting some help, I would also like a mentor or Joe if you can I'm in Southern California for 1 more year but I'm not trying to open a store or do big events.

I would like to do parties here and there when the weekend is slow. I was wondering what is required? Insurance, permits, is there already a source that helps someone brand new to this whole thing understand where to begin?
PemartShaveIce

Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:52 am

Joe and Redpark,

Just following up if you both you got into the Shave Ice business in Socal, I'm in the Northern LA area thinking about starting. I would really love to hear an update.

Thanks,

Pemart
Mrscollar

Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:36 am

Hello,
I just realized many if not all of these posts are old. I am looking into buying a Shaved Ice business in So Cal, and am looking for permit information and where I can park to serve? Anyone here have any tips on where is a good place to park a trailer, and do you use social media to garner attention?

Thank you!
Patty