ShaveIceSupplies.Com new flavor for next season

Click here for information regarding Hawaiian Snow shave ice flavors as well as various Hawaiian shave ice toppings.

Which flavor would you like to see?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Orange Soda (imagine Sunkist)
17%
Red Dragon (strawberry dragon fruit)
33%
Yuzu (citrus like)
25%
Triple Berry (for all you berry lovers)
No votes
Natural Mango
17%
Natural Watermelon
8%
Natural Cherry
No votes

Total votes: 12
ShaveIce

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 pm

We are going to introduce possibly some new flavors for next year! Gummy bear did quite well (even though Matt doesn't like it) and we are going to continue to introduce unique flavors next year.

Please vote below!
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
nattie03

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Can you do a regular pink dragonfruit/pitaya as the colour/flavour is all the rage on instagram! (not strawberry dragonfruit)
ShaveIce

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am

We did actually attempt a pure dragon fruit flavor but the issue is dragon fruit by itself doesn't have much taste. When we did taste tests with adults and kids here in Hawaii, their response wasn't too good and mentioned the flavor was quite bland, sort of like a Kiwi. We ended up having to do a flavor blend to produce a better result. By adding strawberry, it gives the flavor a tart but not overbearing taste. It produced quite a good mixture since the dragon fruit reduces the tartness of the strawberry.
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
Forum for Hawaiian shave ice, shave ice supplies, shave ice flavors, and shave ice machines.
ShaveIceSupply

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 am

2 New flavors will be Strawberry Dragon Fruit and Yuzu! Will come in production in a few months :)
Providing quality shave ice products in Hawaii and all over the mainland for over 20 years. Visit http://www.shaveicesupplies.com.

For current deals and offerings, visit the promotions and prize giveaway forum at www.shaveiceshaveice.com!
IceClouds

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:02 pm

I will be putting in our order sometime around April! I hope they will be ready!
ShaveIceSupply

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:26 pm

Yep, it will be. Our first batch will be in production by February for Hawaii market and March for mainland market. I believe the Strawberry Dragonfruit will be renamed as Red Dragon (strawberry dragon fruit is too long). The Yuzu will be called Yuzu Citrus I believe. So far the testings were well received locally since Yuzu is quite popular with the Japanese here. In the mainland, you will probably have to rename it to something else beside Yuzu. I persnoally would of named it Citrus Blast since it has a strong tangerine mix with lemon flavor to it.
Providing quality shave ice products in Hawaii and all over the mainland for over 20 years. Visit http://www.shaveicesupplies.com.

For current deals and offerings, visit the promotions and prize giveaway forum at www.shaveiceshaveice.com!
ShaveIceSupply

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Update: Yuzu is in production and ready for sell! The red dragon is still in our lab.

Yuzu will be listed in the "NATURAL" flavor section. We decided to make it a natural flavor instead of artificial to preserve the original taste as much as possible. Thank you!

oguzksk1

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:18 pm

I am looking for birthday cake! I have tried it one of the store and it was great!
ShaveIce

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am

Our "birthday cake" is listed under wedding cake. Give it a try!
www.shaveiceshaveice.com
BruceSannino

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:08 pm

A Baltimore flavor we've sold a lot of is EGG CUSTARD. Customers are put off by the name so we call it KEY WEST SUNSET. We're generous with our free samples, we use a small plastic souffle cup. A lot of grocery stores have one or more free sample stations. The idea is to get the product in the customer's hand. We button hole customers walking by or whip up ten or so free samples and pass them out from a tray. Customers love it. When it's busy and customers ask what "such and such" taste like we quickly turn out a sample. Going forward with the self serve flavor station, we'll have to figure out how to keep people in line from getting annoyed when the sample guy steps back to the head of the line. That strikes us as a good problem to have.